- Title: A6.0+TWRP+ROOT-V1
- Listed: 06/27/2016 11:24 am
- ROM Version: V1 (based on 20160617 official ROM)
You must be logged for ROM download.
2228 total views, 1 today
1 Total favorites
1 – Introduction :
This is my custom Marshmallow ROM for the Doogee X5 based on the 2016.06.17 official Android 6.0 ROM. I will also upload the same mod for the 2016.06.24 official ROM. Here are the features that I have added :
- - The ROM is pre-rooted and SuperSU has been installed as a system app
- - The stock recovery has been replaced by TWRP 3.0.2
- - Two different bootloaders are provided, one for devices with the old mainboards, and another one for devices with the new mainboards (see instructions below)
2 – Installation of VCOM drivers and SPFlashTool :
If you already have a working SPFlashTool on your system, skip to section 3. If not, do the following steps:
- - Unzip "MTK-VCOM-Drivers.zip" in some folder
- - Go in that folder and click on "setup.exe" to install VCOM drivers needed for flashing
- - The installer should find the correct driver for your Windows version (works from Win2000 to Win10)
- - Unzip "SPFlashTool-5.1524.zip" in some folder
- - Go into that folder and click on "flash_tool.exe"
- - If the "Download Agent" area does not show "…MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" (normally it should automatically select this file), click on "Download Agent" and select "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" in the SPFlashTool folder
3 – Process for ROM flashing :
- - Unzip "DOOGEE-X5-Android6.0+TWRP+ROOT.zip"
- - Go back to the SPFlashTool window
- - Click on "Scatter loading" and browse to the folder where you unzipped the ROM
- - If your X5 has the old motherboard, select file "Scatter file for old board.txt" and click "Open"
- - If your X5 has the new motherboard, select file "Scatter file for new board.txt" and click "Open"
- - The list of all 9 ROM partitions should be shown on the SPFlashTool window
- - According to the selected scatter file, the correct bootloader is automatically selected
- - Now open your X5 device and remove the battery
- - Plug the phone (without battery) to the computer by standard USB cable
- - Click on the green "Download" arrow on the SPFlash toolbar
- - After a few seconds, the progress bar at the bottom of the window should become red, then violet, then yellow
- - Wait a couple of minutes for the whole ROM to be downloaded on the phone
- - At the end, a green popup window should appear saying "OK". Congratulations !!!
- - Unplug the phone, insert the battery and reboot… Wow ! You're the most talented ROM flasher I've ever met
So as I only have a device with the new motherboard, I could not really test if the alternative bootloader works for old notherboards.
I'm quite confident about it, but it would be nice if someone could confirm that the process is working well…
EDIT: After the first returns from members that have tested this ROM with old motherboard devices, it appears that the ROM works fine, but the soft keys (Menu, Home, Back) do not work correctly. According to Doogee, there should be an updated official ROM by the end of July, so wait and see if it corrects the issue…
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM