I'm not responsible for any damage you can cause to your device flashing or using or modifyng this rom.
I'm not an android expert or guru, I'm not capable of packing this material of mine into an update.zip or a rom file, I'm aware this type of installation isn't "polite", I'm doing this only because a needrom user asked for my help, so I'm trying to help him.
Unfortunately there isn't much users that have got a Bedove X12, and for the most part they sure aren't developers, so we're on our own
ROM Phone BEDOVE X12 – ROM Android 4.0.9
ROM Official Bedove X12 Version : 12G15.X12.120829.ICS2.V13.EN
Kernel informations (thanks to mobileuncletools app) : Linux Version 3.0.13 (root@yc) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 29 13:44:55 CST 2012
Language support: Multilanguage (Bahasa Indonesia & Melayu, Deutsch, English, Espanol, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Portugues (Brazil & Portugal), Tieng Viet, Pyccknn, a couple of arabian langs and chinese of course)
ROM Install :
- root permissions on your device
- a Nandroid restore Custom Recovery installed and working in your device (as CWM-recovery)
- your pc
- Unpack zip file in your recovery's backup folder (for example, for me it's /mnt/extsd/clockworkmod/backup/ )
- Added another step (thanks to pinkyoyo for this)
I’ve changed some extensions on your backup files like so:
system.ext4.tar.a into system.ext4.tar
data.ext4.a into data.ext4
cache.ext4.a into cache.ext4
Removed the nandroid.md5 and then rebuild it through adb shell with this command
“md5sum *img > nandroid.md5″
and all worked fine
- Reboot your phone in recovery
- Select "Restore" and select "2013-12-184.108.40.206"
The phone should restore my rom into your phone (wiping all your personal data, so be sure to backup before doing this)
After restore completed, you can select "back" and "reboot"
The phone should be ok now.
Dual SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth are working good
Known Bugs (to my personal experience):
- sometimes the phone boots and prompts a modem log error, with no signal from SIM CARDS, when it occurs, you have to shutdown and power on the device, than it should be ok
- when the device is charging, phone's display is a little "crazy sensitive" (It may be a common hardware bug on china phones)
- battery percentage is not very accurate, the phone goes slowly from 100% to 70%, than very fastly from 70% to 20% and then really slowly from 20% to 4%
cappa72 made a CWM-recovery port for Bedove X12, I have it installed and it is perfectly working, you can install it using MobileUncleTools app (just put the zip into a folder on the SDcard of your phone (internal), start MobileUncleTools, select Recovery Update, then select CWM-recovery file)
If you want you can donate to cappa72 from XDA site, to support his work for our Bedove
Donate with PayPal to dema86
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM