- Title: Carliv ZP951 v1
- Listed: 06/22/2016 12:26 am
- ROM Version: ZP951 OS5.1 20160618-195251
You must be logged for ROM download.
775 total views, 1 today
2 Total favorites
80 Total downloads
On behalf of Carliv I'm allowed to present
- Zopo Speed 7 optimized Android 5.1
- Zopo Speed 7 optimized boot.img
- Zopo Speed 7 new recovery
Device: ZOPO ZP951 Speed 7
Chipset: MT6753 Octacore 64bit
OS version: Android 5.1 (64-bit)
ROM: ZP951 20160618-195251
Kernel: 3.10.65 carlv@max #1 (18.06.2016)
While Carliv is working on an Android 6 he decided to deeply look into Android 5.1 to learn about the differences. As a result he improved the last official 5.1 ROM. This is not the end of development, it's just the start! But it's worth to be presented to you. Don't expect too much improvements, because basically it is just a "cleaned ROM", a bit optimized and reassembled from official source code. Anyway, I tried it and I'm happy.
This ROM, the boot.img and the modified recovery.img are flashable through SP Flash Tools. All tools you need are here. You need a computer running Windows, USB cable, the software provided and your phone. The instructions should be clear and commented in a way that you are able to understand what you try to do. Please read the following instructions at least one time before trying to do anything! Most questions will be answered if you understand.
This ROM was made to provide you with an easy way to get the most out of your phone. Searching the internet you will find a lot of information, which you might recognize as the same (or close to the same) as found here. The difference is that following the process here you will get a phone which works for you "out of the box", you do not have to learn details to get it running. Don't get me wrong, learning and knowing is power and I'd like to make you interested, it's just that I want to start you now .
REMINDER 1: I'm not responsible for what you do. It's absolutely at your own risk!
REMINDER 2: Please backup your data, this procedure will reset your phone!
REMINDER 3: Pathes in this description are not mandatory, you can use your own.
Before you start:
- All files you need are in one huge zip file. Download and extract this file to a new folder and you are set.
- Download and install driver set to your computer (if not already done).
Keep in mind that you need Administrator rights on your PC to install drivers.
Switch off antivir software during installation (otherwise the drivers might not install)
- copy UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx to your external SDcard (if you want to root your phone).
- optional copy xposed-v85-sdk22-arm64.zip, xposedinstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk, xposed-uninstaller-xxx.zip, boot.img, recovery.img and all other programs you think you might need to your sdcard.
Flashing the ROM:
1. Download the ROM file and extract this zip to a folder on your harddisk (e.g. extract to C:\ZP951).
2. Download SPFlashTool, install (e.g. copy it to C:\FlashTool if not already done), enter that folder and start flash_tool.exe as Administrator. If there is a problem first stop your antivir software.
3. Select scatter.txt file: This file is located in the folder you created in step 1 (e.g. C:\ZP951MT6753_Android_scatter.txt).
4. In FlashTool select "Firmware Update" (one of the three choices middle left on the screen).
5. Switch off your phone and remove the battery.
6. Click on the download button in FlashTool (upper part of the screen below "Welcome") and then connect your phone to the USB port.
7. A red line may/can/will appear after a while (this depends on your computer and on your Windows version. Don't get nervous, as long as the hard disk control flickers it is fine. Be patient for at least 10 minutes, even if nothing seems to happen), changing to (probably) purple and then to yellow. Time to grab a coffee (please be patient, ok?).
8. A green circle will appear to note that the flashing process finished.
9. Disconnect the phone, reinsert battery.
10.Press and hold [volume up] and then press and hold [power] at the same time to restart into recovery. (Comment: press both buttons until the screen comes alive, will take a couple of seconds). A very small text will appear. The option you need to select is the first of the three selectable lines. Scrolling through this menu is done using [volume up], select the first entry with [volume down]. Screen changes again and it will take another couple of seconds before you see the new recovery.
11.You will see a new screen "Carliv Touch recovery v5.5".
If you do not want to root your phone you are finished now and you can select reboot, then start to restore your programs.
Otherwise tap on Install zip -> choose zip from Sdcard and tap on UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx (you copied that file to the root of your external SDcard) -> choose YES and wait a couple of seconds. Now tap back, tap on "Reboot Phone".
12.Congratulations. Your phone is rooted now and runs optimized Android 5.1, optimized boot and Carliv-recovery.
From now on if you reboot into recovery (remember the process "switch off the phone and wait a while, press and hold [volume up] and then press and hold [power] at the same time") selecting from the tiny menu the first option you will see Carliv Touch recovery v5.5. This is a graphical recovery, you can operate it by touching the buttons. Because we updated the operating system it is wise to "re-read" all software. In recovery please start wipe menu -> wipe cache -> yes and then wipe Dalvic cache -> yes, then return to main menu and Reboot the phone. The rebooting process will take some time, be patient. Congratulations, you upgraded to the latest ROM, your phone is rooted and all programs should work as expected.
What you can get:
Starting from here you might use this ROM as it is. I recommend to download at least a really good backup program (like Titanium Backup). The rest is up to you: There are so many more nice programsyou can install at your will (e.g. I included xposed framework, more details at XDA-developers.com).
What you should do:
Please leave some feedback if you like the work of Carliv. I will forward complains and reports to the developer. The best response you will get posting at forum.zopomobileshop.com, comments here are welcome too. Oh, if you want to donate for this fine work you are really welcome
Well done Carliv, thank you for this ROM and the Touch Recovery.
PS: Donations go directly to Carliv, not to me.
UPDATE 30.09.2016: Using the boot_for_flash.img instead the boot.img included in the ROM will bring back the flashlight. Hope this interim solution works for you
Donate with PayPal to AP756
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM