- Title: Galaxy S I9000
- Listed: 01/26/2013 12:22 am
- ROM Version: ROM Android 4.2.1 AOSP
You must be logged for ROM download.
6802 total views, 1 today
3 Total favorites
ROM Mobile SAMSUNG Galaxy S I9000 – ROM Android 4.2.1 AOSP
- Fixed: Broken SIM PIN Layout
- Fixed: Bluetooth input devices not working
- Fixed: No deepsleep with bluetooth on
- Fixed: no direction arrow in Google Maps
- Hopefully fixed: Wifi not working for some users (again)
- Enable KSM
- Fixed: Wifi not working for some users
- Reverted Wi-Fi changes in 20121130
- Fixed: Sim Toolkit (STK) does not work
- Fixed: Live Wallpaper does not work
- Superuser now included
- Overall improved external SD card support
- Fixed: Unable to mount external SD on PC
- Fixed: Exchange not working
- Fixed: CWM does not work in "dup" format
- Fixed: Pressing home when screen is off but not locked exits current application
- Fixed: Settings -> Storage displays "Available" instead of actual available amount
- Fixed: adb shell does not work in recovery
- Fixed: Settings -> Storage FC
- Fixed: APN not working for some users (toggle airplane mode as a workaround)
- Fixed: No Email/Exchange app
- Fixed: Camera crashes if the preview is touched while recording video
- Fixed: Daydream clock setting crashes
- Initial release
Connect your Galaxy S I9000 to PC using USB cable.
Copy downloaded zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. When Samsung logo appear release Power key but keep holding Volume Up and Home button. You will be soon in CWM recovery screen. In recovery, use Volume keys to highlight different option and Power button to select an option.
Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
Then perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the galaxysmtd_aosp_jb42_20121202.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized AOSP Android 4.2.1 ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Donate with PayPal
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM