- Title: GravityMod2 Ported to Iocean x7-Plus/Elite
- Listed: 11/13/2013 3:53 pm
- ROM Version: Final
You must be logged for ROM download.
3299 total views, 1 today
222 Total downloads
I AM NOT DEVELOPER OF THIS ROM.
All about it is on here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2381103
GravityMod2 is now compatible with any Iocean x7. I've released a new version of the rom in two versions in order to cover the whole Iocean x7 community: one version for Iocean x7 Youth/Youth Turbo and another one for Iocean x7 Plus/Elite.
Hi guys, I just ported to Iocean x7 Youth GravityMod2 originally developed by C3C076 for THL W8. You can find original GravityMod thread in the link below:
Of course any credits goes to C3C076 for his rom which I only ported to Iocean, so thank him in his thread/offer him a coffee if you like this rom.
I have been able to test this only on Iocean x7 Youth, but should work on Iocean x7 Youth Turbo without any problem.
- Sysinit support (for init.d scripts)
- Updated Google apps
- Google Now included
- Chinese apps removed
- Updated APNs
- CallerID mappings fixed in Phone calls and Messaging
- CyanogenMod Circle Battery
- Auto-hide of signal icons for empty SIM slots
- No annoying "SIM card not inserted" notifications
- Power menu reboot and recovery
- Fullscreen caller photo (thanks to kadan)
- Multiline contact names (thanks to kadan)
- Volume key cursor control
- Recent apps clear all button
- Internet Calls support (SIP)
- OTA updates via GooManager
- Engineering mode accessible from Settings / Developer options
- GravityBox – centralized app for additional customizations
— Status bar tweaks (QuickSettings tiles, additional tiles, background color and transparency, …)
— Lockscreen tweaks (custom background, maximized widgets, …)
— Power tweaks (advanced power-off menu, low battery warning policy)
— Phone tweaks (flip action, disable vibrate on call connect, fullscreen caller photo)
— Display tweaks (minimum brightness setting, autobrightness settings, …)
— Hardware key actions (action on menu long-press/doubletap, back key long-press)
— Media tweaks (more volume steps for music, skip track using volume keys)
— Other miscellaneous tweaks
— General MTK6589 fixes
Part of these features can be enabled/modified through GravityBox Xposed Module which is already implemented in this rom in its latest version. You'll just need to launch GravityBox app and choose your preferred features. If you don't know what an Xposed module is, check this thread by rovo89.
I decided to change stock launcher to Xperia Z one because I find it smoother on Iocean and has a quite low ram consumption with respect to others.
I strongly recommend you to change transition times to a value lower than 1.0 or even disable them (THL stock values are too high IMO) in order to improve smoothness. In order to do it, enable advanced developer options through GravityBox, go to Settings>Developer Options and change the three transition times to a lower value.
For what concerns GPS you'll need to modify the first lines of /system/etc/gps.conf to make it work in your country. Here you can find servers for any country.
To flash this rom you need a custom recovery as CWM or TWRP. You can download TWRP for all Iocean from here.
Otherwise if you prefer CWM, download the attached CWMrecovery.img for Iocean x7 Youth or this one for Iocean x7 Elite and flash it through MobileUncleTools app.
I strongly recommend you to take a Nandroid Backup before flashing this (or any other) rom.
To install it, follow these simple steps:
- Download the zip file of the rom (see Download section) and put it in your sdcard
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache (advanced section) and system (mounts and storage section)
- Install rom zip from sdcard/external sdcard
- Be patient, first boot may take longer than usual
Donate with PayPal to robimarko
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM