- Title: GT-I9500 MTK6589 960×540 512RAM Rooted CWM recovery
- Listed: 11/23/2013 11:34 pm
- ROM Version: 4.2.2
You must be logged for ROM download.
43743 total views, 1 today
1 Total favorites
10229 Total downloads
Purchased phone from aliexpress. Specs were claimed to be 1920×1080, 2gb RAM, 16gb ROM, 1.6ghz MTK6589 quad core. Fake antutu shows these specs. Phone is branded as a samsung galaxy S4, with no clues as to who is the real manufacturer.
Actual specs are: 960×540, 512mb RAM, 4GB ROM, 1.2GHZ MTK6589 quad core.
I obtained the factory ROM from the seller after bricking my phone. It was contained in a folder labeled "img_wingtech89_we_jb2". I then modified it as follows:
-removed junk and fake antutu.
-built and flashed a custom Clockwordmod recovery (it displays upside down. works fine)
I tried flashing 50+ roms from other fake S4's and mtk6589 phones with no success. This rom has a few issues which were also present in the factory rom. If anyone can help with these i would appreciate it. listed below
- Cannot flash gapps. After flashing, phone crashes during "connecting to wifi" on first boot.
- Accounts do not show up in settings. They do work, however. Must manually delete accounts.db to delete accounts. included root file explorer for this.
-under settings, fake values are shown for ram and storage usage.
- cannot install google play services. Fails and says "Incompatible with other applications using the same shared user ID."
Google play store works, most google apps do work, and all other apps i've used have worked fine. The rom runs well and boots really fast.
I've included everything you need to flash your phone in the .zip. USB VCOM drivers, flash tool, and of course the rom.
Please post below if you know how to fix any of the issues with this phone, or if you know any other roms or information about this phone.
Donate with PayPal to eljefe
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM