- Title: how to partition the micro sd step be step
- Listed: 02/09/2015 9:29 pm
- ROM Version: all versions
You must be logged for ROM download.
7194 total views, 4 today
5 Total favorites
1270 Total downloads
TUTORIAL - Partitioning microSD to use Link2SD
if you have served my apps, roms and tutorials
you can donate whatever you want from 2 dollar to the amount you want to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link2SD is a utility that lets you create links of our apps to save space and moves them directly to a partition created on the microSD.
It is typically used to save internal memory in use, and as a personal recommendation .. expressly recommend for Android terminals with little internal memory, ie terminal / Tablet with 16GB of internal, I see silly .. is as simple as spending apps to SD (which the terminal allows us .. heavy games for example) and more leave them in the internal memory.
We need to be ROOT.
1. The first thing to do is to partition our microSD, for it will use: Minitool Partition Wizard.
2. Once you have downloaded and installed Minitool, we introduce our microSD into a card reader or put the terminal in mass storage (preferably a reader to put the terminal in mass storage), spent all data to your PC, and let reformatting from 0.
3. Moment of partition, first opened Minitool Partition Wizard, see our microSD, right click and click on our microSD Format. (right click microSD)
4. Well, we have the microSD formatted, proceed to partition, first press Delete (right click microSD).
5. Partitions eliminated, will create 2 partitions you need.
IMPORTANT NOTE: SIZE. The size of our partitions go depending on our microSD, I recommend ..
- If your microSD is 4GB or less: First and second partition 512MB 3.5GB.
- If your microSD is 8GB: First and second 7GB partition 1GB.
- If your microSD is more than 8GB: Second partition of 1GB and the surplus would be first.
Therefore (right click microSD):
6. Well, it opens a screen and put options like this:
(I do not know because I put NTFS format .. .. IS A MISTAKE IS FAT32.)
We have to be so now:
7. Now is the really important point, create second partition (Here the files are passed).
IMPORTANT NOTE: FORMAT. ¿Ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32?
This depends on the format that supports our Kernel, ALL kernel supports FAT32, but not the best format to use, as a personal recommendation, say that:
EXT4> EXT3> EXT2> FAT32.
So if you know what type of partition by your Kernel supports putting it directly, otherwise .. or you test from ext4 to FAT32 or FAT32 directly. (This was later verified in Link2SD.)
Therefore, right click on the part that is "Unllocated" and Create. (We will get a warning .. we say yes and continue) and well, as shown in the picture .. we chose the format the partition and OK.
8. Now we can only apply the changes and ready:
9. We let the program do its job finished and we will have our partitioned microSD.
10. With the partitioned microSD, spent all our data to it, put it in the terminal / tablet, install Link2SD and we ask superuser permissions (ROOT), accept.
11. We now ask that we partition type, select it and press OK. It will mount the partition and (I think) the terminal at least 1 time is reinicirá.
If it fails, you do not admit that partition, we have to go to Minitool Partition Wizard, delete the 2nd partition and create it again with another format.
12. Everything is ready, when you want to pass some app to segunad partition, let Link2SD, we open the app you want and press CREATE LINK., We link all Liberias and ready. (Check here if you have doubts)
13. RUNNING ON OUR ANDROID Link2SD.
Video of assistance but this in Spanish
Donate with PayPal to ermin26
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM