- Title: KitKat for Gigo P6
- Listed: 09/10/2015 5:10 am
- ROM Version: 4.4.2
You must be logged for ROM download.
3410 total views, 2 today
2 Total favorites
986 Total downloads
This rom isn't more than the official rom v1.1 for GIGO KitKat P6 modified and optimized. Original ROM carries a lot of garbage, so I decided to remove it and add more useful things, besides this, it was not completely odexed so was eliminated each of the classes.dex from APKs greater of 100Kb. This allowed reduce ROM size by approximately 43%.
Was added ROOT, init.d support, Xpossed modules and swap in partitions /cache and /data. Also it include old versions of Google Apps, Facebook, and more in order of not overload the phone. If you want update any of the applications included in this ROM do it at your own risk.
This default ROM lacks GPS services, only allows the location across networks and WiFi. Personally my GPS never works or was damaged so that's why I worked on this version. If your GPS works perfectly, better refrain installing the ROM or the official 1.1 update on your GIGO P6.
- - Blogger 2.1 – Play Books 3.1
- - Chrome 34.0 – Drive 2.1
- - Gmail 4.8 – Hangouts 2.1
- - Keep 2.3 – Maps 7.7
- - Play Games 1.6 – Play Services 5.0
- - Play Store 4.5 – Plus 4.3
- - Search Now 3.5 – Sound Search 1.1
- - Translate 3.1 – YouTube 5.14
Accesories & Extras
- - Algeo 1.1 – CCleaner 1.0
- - CMLocker 2.2 – Darker Pro 2.2
- - DiskInfo Pro 4.5 – NovaLauncher 3.3
- - QuickOffice 5.7 – Swiftkey 5.2
- - Wikipedia 2.0 – WolframAlpha 1.3
+ Social Apps +
- - 9GAG 2.8 – Facebook 23.0
- - Instagram 6.14 – Messenger 18.0
- - Twitter 5.23 – Whatsapp 2.12
+ Root, Xpossed $ System Apps +
- - Cache Swap 200Mb – Data Swap 300Mb
- - APMplus 17.9 – Battery Booster 7.2
- - Greenify 2.6 – init.d Support
- - KingRoot 4.5 – LuckyPatcher 5.6
- - R. AppCleaner 2.4 – RootExplorer 3.2
- - Terminal 1.0 – XposedInst. 2.7
- - StaticBusyBox 1.0 – YouTubeAdAway 2.1
The ROM 's installer is based on the ttwc69's script.
How to install:
"Primero que todo mi cabello es real…" Okay, a hispanic bad joke, I hope you never know what it mean.
Before continuing, you should this process is completely irreversible and this format is complete to the internal memory losing all factory settings and personal data, IMEI etc. Continue the process at your own risk.
First of all, download the update 1.0 Gigo P6 (ROM 2 – GIGO P6) uploaded by Socr@Te, SP Flash Preloader 1.1 – Recovery file and, of course, this ROM. This ROM is based on the official 1.1 update also uploaded by the same user.
Why download an earlier version that this ROM is based? The answer is simple, the way that version 1.0 partitioned to the EMMC is more convenient than 1.1 cause in that last only have 835 MB on /system partition.
Once all files have downloaded unpack Flash Tool SP, Update 1.0 and Preloader.
- Open SP Flash Tool.
- File-> Open Scatter-loading file-> Select file MT6572_Android_scatter.txt from ROM Update 1.0.
- Option-> USB Mode
- Option-> DA DownLoad All-> Speed-> Force to High Speed
The next option depends on how you are going to do the reflash, in my case I always have to do with battery, however I think is normal to do without it.
- Option->DA DownLoad All->Battery->With Battery or Without Battery
Without plug the phone click on the download button, this will cause the program to perform the MD5 checksum and check to reflash. Once remain 'waiting for the phone (Searching)' click the Stop button.
- Click the Format button.
- Select Auto Format Flash, Format flash whole, Validation. Press OK.
- Now plug the phone without (or with, it depending on your situation) battery. In this step, the phone became a brick.
- Wait for format successfully alert. Unplug the phone, close SP Flash.
- Reopen the SP Flash .This is done for when you open it again, the file remains stored MT6572_Android_scatter as recent and thus will no longer make the MD5 checksum.
- File-> 1. Update 1.0 Folder\MT6572_Android_scatter.txt
- Click Download. Note that no longer makes MD5 checksum.
- Click Stop.
- Click PRELOADER, a dialog is displayed to choose a bin file, will Choosing preloader_a2_324_ax_tianmao_p6a_gigo.bin.
- Click RECOVERY, a dialog is displayed to choose a .img file, will choose the Carliv previously downloaded.
- Click Download. Wait for the SP search the phone.
- Plug the phone and pray, once recognized the phone, the SP Flash download all necessary files.
- Once the message that everything went well appears, unplug the phone you can try to start the phone in Recovery Mode, Pwr+Vol(UP) menu where you must choose the Recovery option, once you do, CarlivTouchRecovery will appear. If you boot the phone in normal mode, it will load the official version 1.0 for the phone in Spanish.
- Copy 1.1 ROM file to the SD memory, either external or internal from through CarlivTouch-> Mounts/Storage-> Mount USB Storage. Only Internal SD mount USB is allowed.
- CarlivTouch->Install Zip-> choose zip from /storage/sdcardX. X=0 is internal, X=1 is the external.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- CarlivTouch-> Reboot Phone.
- Wait for a few minutes to boot the ROM.
NOTE: Since this version is based on the official 1.1 in Spanish, has not been changed the default language. To change the language of your choice should do the following:
- "Ajustes" (Settings) -> "Idioma e introducción de texto" (Language & input) -> "Idioma" (Language) -> Choose what you want.
- Open DiskInfo and check /system has 934Mb, /cache 222Mb, /data 1.3GB, /SDcard 1.2GB, Swap 883Mb.
- Open Xposed Installer->Framework, appears app_process 58 and XposedBridge.jar 54 but is not loaded, just do a reboot.
- Restart and enjoy the ROM.
When you start Google account automatically the latest version of Google Play Services will be installed, in order to remove it you must first go to Settings-> Security-> Device Administrators-> Uncheck Android Device Manager. After uninstalling the newer version you can re-enable the previous option. Anyway never will automatically be updated Google Play Services.
I have included some default settings, but for Greenify I did not include any default applications hibernation, that I leave to you.
In the file /etc/Prefs/recovery.rar AromaFM_Installer.zip and zip_init_mkswap.zip files are included. You can unpacket them using RootExplorer. AromaFM is a graphical file manager for Carliv (note that depends on the mounts made in it) and zip_init_mkswap.zip restores the files Swap init.d support. If you ever need to apply this be sure to first remove /data/swap and /cache/swap. I hope you don't need apply it.
That's all. Enjoy it as much as I do.
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM