- Title: [Le 1s & Eco] eUI 5.8.017s
- Listed: 10/10/2016 1:44 pm
- ROM Version: MM 6.0 (16/08/30)
You must be logged for ROM download.
2049 total views, 2 today
2 Total favorites
>>> IMPORTANT: every income generated from this post goes *directly* to an EU noprofit organization that supports the open source scene (direct support) <<<
The LeEco Le 1s and the LeEco Le 1s Eco are now officially getting the Marshmallow based eUI 5.8.017s update and this is an offline update so you won’t be receiving the update through OTA. You’ll have to manually update your phone and we have a guide for the same, which you can check in the link given below.
As for what is changed in the UI and the OS, check the change log to know what’s coming in the Marshmallow update on LeEco Le 1s and Eco variant of it.
Le 1s and Le 1s Eco eUI 5.8.017s Marshmallow Update Change Log
In the Mail app, added a Cloud Attachment Which Allow Up To 2GB Single File and 50GB in Single Mail
In the Calendar app, added a Task Event
In the Gallery app, added a Mosaic Effect in Photo Editor, Added Hide Album Feature
Added Very Large Font in the system settings.
Added Fingerprint App Lock feature in the Security settings.
In the Phone Manager app: Added App Battery Usage Alert, Added App Warehouse, and Added access to App lock and Privacy Lock
Added Fast Transfer
Added Dual Clock widget
Added Hide Message Feature in messaging app
Added Dolby Atmos Setting
Added Separate Ringtone setting for each SIM.
Added Privacy Lock
Added Three Finger Screenshot
Added Rich Text Edit Function in Note app
Optimized System Energy Consumption
Added One Touch Restoration
Added Do Not Disturb
Added Separate Ringtone setting for each SIM
Optimised Cloud Sync Function and Data Usage Control in Le Cloud
Added SMS, Notification Tone Customization
Added Vibration Alert When Silent Mode Turned On
System changes in EUI 5.8.017s update
Added Very Large Font
Added Android Dynamic Permission Management
Added Battery Consumption Curve View
Added Battery Temperature Indicator
Updated Google Security Patch to 1st June
Optimized APP start up speed.
Optimised System Energy Consumption.
Optimised continuity when switching between apps.
Added access to settings for some Apps.
Added Small Font option.
Changes in Phone Manager App
Added App Battery Usage Alert
Added App Warehouse
Added Excess Trash Alert
Added App WIFI Connection Control
Added access to App lock and Privacy Lock
Changes in Contact, Call App
Added Favorites Contact
Added Merge Same Contact in Different Account
Added Call Widget
Optimised Call log loading speed.
Optimised Call log and Dialer number string display to local customs.
Email App changes in EUI 5.8.017s update
Optimized Mail Loading Speed
Changed Mail Sent Notification to Sending Progress Bar
Added Cloud Attachment Which Allow Up To 2GB Single File and 50GB in Single Mail
Added New Mail Homepage
Optimised homepage loading speed.
Optimised interaction when quitting mail editing.
Added Cloud Attachments detail page
Changes in Gallery App in EUI 5.8.017s update
Optimized UI Visual Effect.
Added New Photo Display Page, Categorize Photo by Time and Location
Added Recycle Bin
Added Mosaic Effect in Photo Editor.
Optimized ‘Long Press’ interaction in Album page
Optimised Gallery performance.
Added Hide Album Feature
Added Watermark Feature
Added Album Whitelist and Blacklist backstage management.
Changes in Messaging App in EUI 5.8.017s update
Added Message Delivered Alert
Optimized message list loading speed
Added Private message feature
Added ‘The number of forwarding message’ Switch
Added default message sending SIM option
Launcher changes in EUI 5.8.017s update
Optimized Folder Background Color that will Change According to Wallpaper Colour.
Added Desktop Order Re-arranged
Added Pinch Gesture to enter Desktop Management
Important!!!! Please read this notice carefully before upgrading to Eui 5.8.017S and strictly follow instructions.
1. To upgrade to EUI5.8.017S (Marshmallow), your phone should be previously upgraded to EUI 5.5.014S.
2. If your phone is already upgraded to EUI 5.5.014S, you can skip this steps and move to Upgrade Guidelines directly. Or else follow the below procedure.
3. Please upgrade your phone to EUI 5.5.014S (Click here to download)
4. Please back up all data in your phone to your PC or any other devices to prevent accidental data lost.
5. Please make sure your phone has enough battery charge or is connected to a charger before upgrade.
6. It will take 15 minutes approximately to complete the upgrade. Please be patient during the process and do not power off your phone.
7. The size of the upgrade pack is 1.5GB, so please make sure that you have at least 2GB free space on your phone before upgrading.
8. Follow Step 2 from Upgrade Guidelines to upgrade your phone to 14S.
9. After upgrading from Android 5.0 to Android 6.0, the system bottom code logic will change and reverting or downgrading to Android 5.0 will not be possible.
1. Users are required to download the upgrade pack via PC or MAC. (Download link)
2. Connect your phone to the PC or MAC, change the upgrade file name to update.zip (no capital letters) and place the zip file under the Root menu of the phone.
3. Go to your phone and tap on System Update, then tap on the top-right button with the 3 vertical dots to see more options and tap on Local update to begin your upgrade.
Q1. How do I place the zip file in the Root menu of the phone SD card?
A：Connect your phone to the PC or MAC, right click on the downloaded zip file and select Copy. Then open up your phone folder from your PC or MAC, right click at any blank area in this folder and select paste. Please make sure you don't put the zip file in any folders.
Q2. Do I need to unzip the file after downloading it?
A：No, you do not need to unzip it.
Q3. Why does it keep saying that update file cannot be found?
A：Please check the full name of the file, it could named as ‘update.zip.zip’.
Q4. Do I have to download update file from the official site? Can I download it from any other 3rd party site?
A：We strongly recommend you use update file from our official site. To avoid any factors beyond our control, please do not use any update file from any other source.
Q5. How do I back up my data?
A：You can connect your phone to PC or MAC, then use some 3rd party phone manager application to back up your phone.
Reminder & Declaration
1. Please read this notice carefully and follow the steps to upgrade your device.
2. If the user does not follow the given instructions, he will solely be responsible for any kind of physical damage of the device, 3rd party App virus or other reason that causes upgrade failure, hardware or system damage and data lost etc.
3. Your phone warranty still continues after the upgrade.
4. You are fully aware and have accepted the fact that after upgrading from Android 5.0 to Android 6.0, the system bottom code logic will be changed and reverting back or downgrading to Android 5.0 will not be possible.
5. You are fully aware and accept the fact that after the upgrade, there will be a difference between the new version and your current version. It will ask you to follow certain setups (including but not limited to password and fingerprint authentication, etc) to confirm and accept certain End-User Licence Agreements. If you cannot accept the above conditions, please do not upgrade your phone and continue to use the current version.
6. This update file is free, and it is up to you to choose whether to update or not, the provider of the update file is not responsible for any technical defect of the file and the cause of data lost.
WARNING: this guide/ROM is for China version models only !
Donate with PayPal to forart.eu
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM