- Title: P780 4.4.2 Official ROM
- Listed: 08/06/2014 4:09 pm
- ROM Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
You must be logged for ROM download.
48368 total views, 7 today
13 Total favorites
7135 Total downloads
Lenovo P780 ROM version P780_ROW_S220_140722, untouched
This is a signifiant upgrade to Lenovo P780 ROW, it is a full upgrade package and will erase all user data. The OS is upgraded to version 4.4.2 KitKat.
Applying this update will also remove custom recovery and replace it with factory version. After applying this update, all user apps will be removed. The first restart will take longer as usual, so be patient on the first boot. The 'boot' and 'recovery' images are overwritten by the update, if you use root and/or custom recovery, you will have to reinstall the custom recovery with SPFlash Tool.
Before upgrading, back up your data (SMS, Call logs, Apps) with Lenovo Backup & Restore, you will be able to restore it later with Settings / Backup/Restore feature. The installer will remove the internal virtual SD card, making a single internal storage partition for both data, cache and user apps.
The baseband contained within this ROM is for ROW version of Lenovo P780, 2nd SIM will not work if you use it on non-ROW devices.
- A new 'Lenovo Security' app is provided, this includes antivirus, privacy guard, data usage (and firewall), SMS/call anti-SPAM, speed-up, private space and anti-theft features
- new versions for most system apps (dialer, sms, calendar, email, power manager, etc), google play store, flashlight widget and app
- more privacy
- a memory cleanup button has been added below the task list
- SMS and home screen app can now be switched from the settins app
- 'Smart Scene' feature allows automated audio profile switch, either at a specified time or at a specified wireless network presence
- More theme-able (lock screen, system UI, boot animation, notification UI, contact manager and in-call app can now have different themes (even though only 2 themes are provided).
- reboot option added to shutdown menu
- all audio volumes are available/adjustable when pressing volume-up/volume-down
- flip-to-mute incoming call alert, auto-redial option
- LED alert now flashes, instead of staying continuously lit (but still doesn't provide notification from other apps, such as facebook)
- the display colours can be tuned for saturation and hue (white balance)
- a 'wireless display' function has been added
- 'Smart Display' feature, preventing the screen to enter standby if the user is looking at the screen.
- Available languages: Bahasa (Indonesia & Melayou), English, Spanish, French, Vietnam, Russian, Chinese, Ukrainian, etc. Other languages can be set with morelocale 2 app, but the system settings app will use english in that case.
How to install the ROM
If you use the stock ROM, then you can go to settings / version info / update and download the update.
If your existing ROM is a modified ROM, then you need a custom recovery able to install zip from SD Card. Download the zip, copy it to the phone card, reboot the phone by pressing 'power + vol-up + vol-down' to enter recovery interface, apply zip update.
What zip to download ?
I noticed some users have trouble installing the original ROM onto some devices. I just added a 2nd zip, which should not throw error 7 when attempting to install it. The only difference from this zip and the first one is the device check bypass. Therefore, the installer on the second zip will not attempt to identify what device are you using, it may run on ANY device. The other files are the same as on the original zip, the same factory recovery, same apps, same kernel and so on.
The update will work properly if your existing ROM is a factory ROM. The zip format package assumes the device has a specific storage layout, and therefore it does not reflash scatter and PMT, but it reflashes EBR1 and EBR2 storage partition tables. If your device uses a custom ROM with a modified storage layout, the update may fail and you to get a blank screen. If that happens, flash a factory ROM (s119-s124 works just fine) with SPFlash, then apply this zip update. You can use the pre-rooted SPFlash package for a faster installation.
Manipulating ROM without proper knowledge may lead to undesired results, such as an unusable device. You agree that the resoponsibility if you lose data, or time repairing the device, belongs entirely to you.
Donate with PayPal to enterco
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM