- Title: Partition Resize tool for MT67** MT65**
- Listed: 02/15/2016 2:05 pm
- ROM Version: Any from 4.4.x to 5.x
You must be logged for ROM download.
12441 total views, 7 today
17 Total favorites
2324 Total downloads
This ZIP is for resizing split partitions of MediaTek MT6732 / MT6752 based devices
Update V21 is OUT:
- Added MT6735 to the list of compatible devices
- Fixed the microscopic text in the installer
- 13GB option is now only shown if there is enough space (it was resulting in bricks of Lollipop devices because of the larger system partition)
- Updated UI.
Update V22 is OUT:
- Installer will now refuse to make changes to partition table if user selects too large a size for userdata (fixes the bootloops we were encountering on Lollipop devices)
- Fixed compatibility issues with Carliv Touch Recovery (I think)
Update V23 is OUT:
NOTE: The userdata partition WILL NOT be erased in this process.
NOTE 2: As long as you have a stock firmware and know how to install it with SP Flash, the chances of a brick are practically zero.
WARNING: Back up anything you want to keep off the Internal SDcard! It also wouldn't be a bad idea to backup /data too, just in case something goes wrong.
WARNING 2: If you want a 12+ GB UserData partition, make ABSOLUTELY 100% CERTAIN that the total size of UserData+IntSD is big enough to handle a 12+ GB UserData partition! If you select a size for UserData that is larger than these two added together, your device WILL be bricked and you will need to reflash your stock firmware with SP Flash. This ESPECIALLY applies on Lollipop 5.0+ devices which have a larger System partition.
THANKS AGAIN TO @odigitech
- An MT6732/52 phone with TWRP recovery installed (not tested on other custom recovery, may works).
- At least 50% battery
- The Resize Aroma zip attached
1. Boot into TWRP recovery mode. Choose Install.
2. Find the ZIP Archive you downloaded and select that.
3. READ the welcome screen!
4. Press Next and choose the new size for the /data partition. You can choose anything from 3GB to 13GB.
5. Press Next and press Start. Wait for the resize to complete (it shouldn't take much more than 30 seconds).
7. Enjoy your extra space!
- "I reboot and get a Damaged SD card notification"
—–> Click the notification and click Format.
- "My device does not boot!"
—–> Reflash your device with your stock firmware using SP Flash (choose Firmware Upgrade option). If you don't have a firmware… Well, you were warned.
- "Partition resize appears to be successful but my device bootloops"
—–> This can happen when you shrink the /data partition too much. Run a factory reset in recovery and try booting again.
- "I flashed the zip with no problems but my userdata /intsd partition(s) haven't changed"
—–> This can happen when you try and install the zip from the Userdata partition or the Intsd partition, because the partition can't be resized while they are being used. Try copying the zip to a different partition, e.g. /cache, or your external SD, and try again.
@odigitech @HypoTurtle and @AlexZap for the initial idea, creation and development
@odigitech for the modifications that finally made this work (and for the splash screen)
@mrsim and @sergsinger for testing.
ALL XDA MEMBERS
Please Donate if you find usefull!
Donate with PayPal to megthebest
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM