- Title: MIUI 7
- Listed: 11/11/2015 11:23 pm
- ROM Version: 5.10.15
You must be logged for ROM download.
1223 total views, 1 today
114 Total downloads
Yes, this one has sound.
Ok, disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any damage done to you or your device upon choosing to install this ROM. I am not forcing this choice upon your person, and I hereby advise you that malfunctions may occur. Knowing this, you shall form your own opinion, and act as a conscient individual, and will not complain or whine when your phone goes "boom!".
That being said, I will add: this ROM isn't perfect, as could be expected. I did a "dirty", or "minimal" port, and it works rather nicely, spewing out only a couple of visible bugs. I've been using it for a while without grave issues, and, in my particular case, signal (and 3g) is working fine, wifi works from the start, multi language present, great battery consumption, camera works, notification leds and flashlight work, sound and videos work, root works… HOWEVER: Google play services force closes once every boot, the wrong RAM is presented on the recent apps screen, power off charging mode image is skewed, and there's a few invisible (logcat) errors repeating themselves constantly.
Update: ADB appeared to not be working, and MTKDroidTools wasn't detecting the device. If this happens, switch to PTP mode (instead of the usual MTP mode for file transfer), and it'll work properly.
None of the above mentioned errors have posed a threat to my normal usage of the phone.
ALSO: this ROM was based on Himura05's port to Nibiru H1, who has given permission to post here, and to whom I am grateful (he is also keeping his port updated, and I will probably follow his thread, so there may be future updates to this [I might as well say that his port of 5.11.5 is as buggy as the original update, and I will probably not post it here]).
OK! INSTRUCTIONS SECTION BELOW (for those of you who couldn't care less about what I'm saying)!
Preparation: download the latest stable SuperSU, and the Chamelephon attached (extract it), and save them to the SD card. Note down your IMEI number on paper.
1. Flash this -> http://www.needrom.com/download/newman-k1s/ (you may replace the original EBR files with the ones attached to this post, which are partitioned to 7Gb, although I'm not sure how useful that is – whoever installs this with the stock EBRs, please let me know what the internal storage is), and boot the ROM.
2. Use MTKDroidTools (find it online) to inject CWM recovery (many, many guides online about that, search for "mtkdroidtools cwm recovery").
3. Reboot to recovery and flash the SuperSU zip you downloaded previously (seriously, if you can't reach this point without trouble, give it up right now -.-).
4. You may, or may not, wish to install Chamelephon (attached to this post), granting it root rights, in order to restore your IMEI, although it will vanish again after installing MIUI xD
5. Use this tool (download the 22.214.171.124 version) to install TWRP recovery (it only works after installing SuperSU, that's why we're going through all this trouble :/ You may follow this guide, which is perfectly adequate for this tool – and no, don't install Philz instead, I've only had success with TWRP…)
6. The worst part is over, it's all downhill from here Having TWRP installed, reboot to recovery, and flash the ROM zip.
7. There should be no issues during installation, apart from having no IMEI. After setup finishes, install Chamelephon from the sdcard using MIUI's explorer (there should also be no problems detecting the SD card), and restore your IMEI through it, rebooting afterwards.
8. IF YOU GET AN "UPDATE AVAILABLE" NOTICE, DON'T UPDATE! If you do, it'll download Redmi Note's version of the update, and automatically install it through TWRP (yes, no cancelling after you tap "update now"), leaving you with a bootloop, IF you're lucky :/
UPDATE: For those interested in testing it, I added a link to MIUI 7 5.11.12, obtained from MiuiPro.ru, and ported to Newman K1S. Most languages available (including PT-PT), no visible bugs so far (apart from the 2.2Gb being shown on recent apps screen, and MB/GB being shown in cyrillic), excellent battery consumption in standy, no unneeded extras added, 30012 Antutu score. For precaution, complete the initial setup in english, and change to preferred language afterwards (it's been known to cause errors)
Last word: donations (if any, lol xD) will be used towards the aquisition of further chinaphones, in order to keep on porting ROMs (yes, because my Newman K1S is falling apart from all the constant dismantling xD)
Donate with PayPal to bufusbuf
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM