- Title: Official KitKat Firmware – GPS works!
- Listed: 01/28/2015 3:31 pm
- ROM Version: 4.42
You must be logged for ROM download.
18600 total views, 4 today
3 Total favorites
2122 Total downloads
This is an official unrooted KitKat firmware for people whose GPS doesn't work with any other KitKat ROMs.
This ISN'T the official ROM other people have posted. This firmware doesn't do anything fancy (although it has pretty great battery management, even better than any custom ROMs I've tried, imo) it's just for users that never got their GPS to work with kitkat.
This isn't a custom ROM so you'll have to root it. Go to www.kingoapp.com after you've finished the installation download the program then put the mobile's USB connection to: Media Device (you'll must have the drivers for Media Device installed in your PC) then open the program and root the phone!
How to install ROM:
1. Install the necessary drivers to install with SPflash. If you don't know which they are please post in the comments I'll try to find them for you
2. Shut down the phone, remove the battery.
3. Unzip the downloaded rom, open up FlashTool v3 or v5, select Scatter-loading baskets browse to the unzipped folder selected rom MT6582_Android_scatter.
4. Looking boxes ticked one finds that FlashTool hasn't ticked UBOOT, RECOVERY, CACHE and USRDATA.
Tick these 4 boxes then left-click on each one and browse to the location:
- for UBOOT : uboot.bin ,
- for RECOVERY : factory_NONmodified_recovery.img
- for CACHE and DATA-4 : V3_140808__boot_patched_140824-234113.img.
Connect a cable with a laptop or computer, not connected to the phone.
5. Connect the other end of the cable to the phone then click the Upgrade Firmware (or choose FORMAT ALL + Download and press Download in news SPFlash).
6. Wait for the flashing process to end and a small green box with "OK" to pop up
7. Unplug the cable, insert the battery
8. Hold the UP volume + power button to enter recovery mode. Press power button once for menu to appear. Select wipe data reset and wipe cache, then reboot system.
9. Wait for a while for system to start for the first time. Done!
I also suggest using FasterGPS for better AGPS signal. It's free and it's on Play Store.
First time it'll take a while for the mobile to find satellites but it'll become much faster after that.
Credit to: kevin9500 from chinaphonearena.com and kokofli from myphone.gr
Donate with PayPal to Reznik
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM