- Title: Optimus F3Q
- Listed: 05/17/2015 12:05 am
- ROM Version: v1.6 (Android 4.1.2)
You must be logged for ROM download.
5096 total views, 2 today
520 Total downloads
hLe Storm ROM
I am playing with ArchiKitchen and I may be on to something here. But first…
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and * YOU acknowledge you are doing so at your own risk. */
Now that that's out of the way, hLe Storm (pronounced "hailstorm") is a stock, de-bloated (without many GApps, without T-Mobile bloat, and a few other apps removed), de-branded (T-Mobile animations removed), deodexed ROM. The boot image has been replaced with @xdajog's sediKERNEL v2.0, with other replacements as well (see credits). Keep in mind that the Optimus UI is still going strong.
- Powers on.
- Able to make calls.
- Download and install apps.
- App drawer down to two pages!
- Able to install a fair amount of apps without needing Link2SD (I currently have 33 extra apps installed on my device, and still have over 400MB free space)!
- Write/Share key remapped to "Tab" (for those console lovers like myself)
- Right Fn is now Ctrl Key (but be sure you are using the latest version of ConnectBot for the key to work in that app!)
WHAT DOES NOT WORK:
- Wifi calling (specific to T-Mo – feature removed – to avoid the notifications after every call, you must still disable it in call settings).
- Built-in Tethering (broken for most anyway, use jTether instead)
- You may not be able to access the bootloader (but you have the three-finger-salute magic keys to get you to TWRP anyway).
- Soft reboot (often invoked optionally via XPosed) tends to lead to bootloop. If stuck in this situation, pull battery, reinsert, and power on normally.
- Probably inherited by the stock ROM, but there is a ~10,000 SMS/MMS limit in messaging. Auto-delete works, but if you turn that off, or plan to have more than 20 frequent contacts, you may lose access to new messages (will get the notification, but chat window will have nothing new). For the latter problem, this can be worked around by decreasing the number of texts stored per conversation (so if you have ~40 frequent contacts, set the limit to 250). For the former (and optionally for the latter), you will have to freeze the stock messaging app and download a different one to handle your SMS/MMS.
- Home Screen in Setting forsce closes. This is because I removed the stock launcher. Oops.
- Latest version has the "Feeling Lucky" activity that should not be there – was supposedly removed by the launcher dev – is present. Not that i is permanent (remove them from homescreen)
- You tell me…
- Continue to extensively test current functionality.
- Download ROM
- Save/push file to your External SD card (preferably in the root folder where you can find it later)
- Reboot into recovery ("adb reboot recovery")
- Nandroid/Back up device (optional – see considerations below)
- Wipe cache and data/factory reset (see considerations below)
- Install ROM
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- TWRP is more flexible than CWM in terms of access to recovery. CWM will factory reset the device if accessed via the bootloader (and apparently only that – someone to confirm).
- TWRP currently has a broken wipe function, and limitations when it comes to backup. For example, if you use Link2SD, TWRP will back up the linked data, not the link, creating a backup that will end up being too big to restore. A nandroid is still recommended – I would just trust a dd backup more – you can always do both! (Also, if you haven't backed up your EFS to be put in a safe place, now is the time.) Because of these shortcomings, you should issue the following commands via adb shell (while in TWRP) to work around:
# Back up EFS (Just in case) dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1 of=/external_sd/modemst1.img dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/external_sd/modemst2.img # Back up existing ROM dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system of=/external_sd/system.2014-11-12.img dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot of=/external_sd/boot.2014-11-12.img dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache of=/external_sd/cache.2014-11-12.img dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata of=/external_sd/userdata.2014-11-12.img # Wipe /cache and /data umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 mke2fs -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 mke2fs -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 # Restart TWRP reboot recovery
From there you can install the ROM. If you have problems and need to back out, issue the following commands to restore:
# Restore device dd if=/external_sd/system.2014-11-12.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system dd if=/external_sd/boot.2014-11-12.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot dd if=/external_sd/cache.2014-11-12.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache dd if=/external_sd/userdata.2014-11-12.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata # Reboot reboot
The restart looks glitchy at first, but the device ends up starting normally.
- xdajog for sediKERNEL
- dennisxl for Apex Launcher
- Shaftamle for ShaftaGhostKO Keyboard
- Chainfire for SuperSU
- JustArchi for ArchiKitchen
Donate with PayPal to Joel Maxuel
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM