- Title: Hongmi Redmi 1S Global Multi 4.3 NO spyware/bloatware
- Listed: 10/10/2014 12:36 am
- ROM Version: 36.0.0
You must be logged for ROM download.
14214 total views, 2 today
3 Total favorites
Xiaomi 36.0.0 fixed rom
Target platform………….: Android
Installation notes……….: Windows
Compression Format….: RAR
File Validation…………..: SHA1
Image Format…………..: zip(PK)
Image Created with……: Xarchiver
Custom rom update including some small modifications and disabled spyware (not by using hosts..) & removed bloatware. The rom is official 36.0.0 MIUI v5 with some small modifications.
Hongmi Redmi 1S WCDMA/CDMA/3G (Global) Multi language for msm8228 (Snapdragon 400) not for mkt65x (mediatek).
- [Changes in this fix/update] -
UPDATE3 (thanks to Fennec)
Updater.apk removed from the rom Changed
All known ips added to the host file on default Changed
AntiSpam.apk (key system module) patched
DownloadProvider.apk (key system module) patched
Settings.apk (key system module) patched
Updater.apk - deleted (Why do you install this rom if you want to update? Not needed, because it will give you back all spyware if you update)
Themes.apk (You wil still be abe to install them locally without miCloud by going to their website and "download to pc", put on internal memory etc. You need to go here for it: http://zhuti.xiaomi.com/)
Audit again and test, on my device no connections are made to wierd ips, only to Google by apps that normally do to when for example opening a app with admob, or while opening the play store that made a connection to *.1e100.net.
Backdoors are gone, mostly done by string patching domains in the dalvik bytecode.
Bootannimation deleted (faster boot), music_bg added, wallpapers added, lockscreen icon modified, lockwallpaper modified, under "system/media/theme/default".
Framework_ext.jar, fileexplorer.apk, music.apk (modified, spyware gone now)
Xiaomi framework, (deleted) contained a 'backdoor'. And some other system files under "/system/app" that actually did nothing besides sending info to china servers.
Other apks rm'd under "/system/app" that weren't important systems apps that made internet connection.
MiCloud services, also right to the trashcan.
[/! Tested /!]
All modifications have been tested on 3 devices. You can flash this OTA from any previous version without expecting problems.
Tested from 29.0.0, 92.0.0 and 31.0.1. All the Google features are still present.
Thank you goes out to Google(aapt, apktool, baksmali, smali, dex2jar etc)android tools, the CWM team and 4pda.ru for all the useful tools they provided to the public to make my work a lot easier.
0) Install adb drivers (http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe) and enable USB debugging on your phone (tab 7x 'Android-version' under About the phone to unlock dev options)
1) Put *.zip modified OTA update on Micro SD card, doesn't matter wat name it has. (NOT INTERGRATED MEMORY "/data/media/0" !)
2) Boot intro CWM, using the cmd shortcut if you don't know how
3) Select zip on sdcard in CWM
4) Install it and if it asks for a signature verification that failed, just continue it's OK (before you proceed, run checksum verifier shortcut to make sure all files are correct and not damaged somehow).
5) Have fun and remember just IN CASE, install a firewall.
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM