- Title: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
- Listed: 12/21/2014 5:39 pm
- ROM Version: TWRP v126.96.36.199
You must be logged for ROM download.
6302 total views, 1 today
625 Total downloads
TWRP_v188.8.131.52 Custom Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G900F
To unlock bootloader using CF-Auto root :
Root Galaxy S5 – Rooting with CF-Auto-Root
a) Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root .zip file
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file – don't extract that one
- Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5
- Put Galaxy s5 in download mode(switch off phone–> hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot – if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- Connect your Galaxy s5 to your computer using USB cable
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- It's done , You have successfully rooted your Galaxy s5
b)Installing TWRP Custom Recovery
Step 1 - Download TWRP 2.8 Recovery package for Samsung Galaxy S5 and extract this file anywhere in your computer:
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
Step 3 - Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Samsung Galaxy S5 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the following file that you have to flash/install on your phone. This file will be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ / ‘AP’ and select the CWM package file you downloaded in step 1 for your phone.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, if not already.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root package / files. Your ID:COM box will also turn green.
Step 11 - After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S5 has now been flashed with TWRP 2.8. To enter Recovery Mode, shut down phone and then hold down the Home + Volume Up buttons and press the Power button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM