- Title: [ST25i] CM 12.1 for Xperia U
- Listed: 06/11/2016 1:41 pm
- ROM Version: LP 5.1.1 (16/03/07)
You must be logged for ROM download.
1032 total views, 4 today
1 Total favorites
>>> IMPORTANT: every income generated from this post goes *directly* to an EU noprofit organization that supports the open source scene (enjoy) <<<
CyanogenMod (pronounced //) is an open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling release development model.
CyanogenMod offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by mobile device vendors. Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, Privacy Guard (per-application permission management application), support for tethering over common interfaces, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, unlockable bootloader and root access, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS), and other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware, according to its developers. CyanogenMod is also stated to increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.
Although only a subset of total CyanogenMod users elect to report their use of the firmware, as of June 2014, CyanogenMod has recorded over 12 million active installs on a multitude of devices.
In 2013, project founder Steve Kondik announced that venture funding had been obtained to establish Cyanogen Inc. as a commercial enterprise to develop and market the firmware more widely. This announcement has led to controversy within the community, with some developers asserting that rights and licensing issues, acknowledging/compensating past developers and honoring the original ethos of the community project, are not being adequately addressed. These claims were rejected by Kondik, who affirmed support for the community and stated that most CyanogenMod code, as with Android generally, is bound by a non-restrictive Apache license.
The first nightly release of CyanogenMod 12.1, based on Android 5.1, was announced in mid April| 16 April 2015. The final build is yet to be announced as the nightly builds continue to roll out every day.
- Wifi, Wifi tethering
- Bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering
- RIL (sms, data, voicecall)
- Audio, recording
- HW acceleration (should be working)
- Video playback
- Offline Charging
- Adaptive Brightness
- A2DP (won't be fixed)
- Cyanogen sources updated
- Camcorder fixed (thanks to ChronoMonochrome)
Newer build has F2FS enabled for /data and /cache partition. So you need to format those partition to F2FS first.
- Make sure to backup everything, cause you'll be formatting your data partition.
- Reboot to recovery and goto Wipe => Advanced Wipe. Then wipe system, data, cache, dalvik-cache.
- Return to Wipe => Advanced Wipe again. Now select only data partition and click Repair or Change filesystem => Change Filesystem. Now select F2FS from the list and swipe to format data partition to F2FS.
- Similarly, format cache partition to F2FS too.
- Now you're ready to flash the rom. Flash it normally and reboot.
- Using steps iii & iv, you can easily go back to EXT4 partition. But wiping is needed.
- All these steps are needed ONCE. After you formatted to F2FS, you don't need to do it again.
- Remember, to flash rom successfully your /data and /cache partition have to be in F2FS format..
If you're already using cm-12.1, just boot into recovery and flash the zip. Then wipe cache, dalvik-cache and reboot.
- Extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
- Flash the zip
- Reboot your device
After first boot is completed, reboot into recovery again. Now flash other zips like Gapps, SU etc
First boot takes some minutes. Wait patiently.
- munjeni & 95A31 for their hard work on our devices
- AOSX team for fixing bugs
- Meticulus for his work on omx
- HandyMenny for his excellent work on SELinux
- golden-guy for providing fix for Dialer crash and in-call volume
- ChronoMonochrome for camcorder fix
NOTE: to install this ROM, unlocked bootloader and custom recovery are required.
Donate with PayPal to forart.eu
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM