- Title: W450 Firmware
- Listed: 12/28/2014 2:50 pm
- ROM Version: Android 4.2.2
You must be logged for ROM download.
15683 total views, 1 today
2626 Total downloads
Firmware with the newest, 07.23 kernel.
I have been using this modded fw for about five months, so i think share it
The stock firmware same as the firmware with 04.26 kernel, the only difference is in block device layout: the preloader partition is bigger (maybe standardization )
This modded firmware (SP Flash Tools and drivers NOT included) has the same preferences as my previous fw's, and has some upgrades:
- added SuperSU v2.40, Advanced Task Killer, CM Security, Terminal Emulator, WellBrightness, Total Commander
- default launcher is Apex
- Aroma File Manager was integrated in system, can run it from recovery (Carliv/Aroma File Manager)
- modded Carliv Touch Recovery v2.5 with Back button (switchable in Advanced menu/Toggle touch control) and tar+gzip is the default format. Working good without external SD card.
- no gps.conf because it is useless in W450 (and many other) firmwares. Use the Engineer Mode/Location/Location Based Services for settings. Engineer Mode: call *#*#1478963#*#* in dialer.
- GPS working perfectly with external gps antenna (something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oNmuNePls
Or use bluetooth gps receiver.
You have to flash with Firmware Upgrade option!
If your touch digitizer not working with CTR, there is a quick workaround for it (for CTR2.5, maybe not working with earlier versions):
In the recovery go to the Mounts/Storage with vol down key and select it with power key.
Select mount /data, then select umount /data and the touch screen begins to work
Swipe left for go back menu.
I am working on back button, but have some problems
There is two types of touch screen for the W450. One of them bottom buttons lighted by the LCD, the other type not.
This latter type not working with the Carliv Touch Recovery most of cases.
I am working on it, if you have this type of TS, could use another recovery.
The problem with the new stock firmware is that the aiding of GPS (agps) not working.
There is a new version - MNL_VER_13120501ALPS05 - MNL file (system\xbin\libmnlp_mt6582) for GPS in the P11 stock firmware but it seems to be not suitable for this firmware. (?!?!)
Solution: must be change the mnl file to an older mnl. The fix contains an earlier version (MNL_VER_13071801ALPS05) of this mnl.
I repacked the fixed firmware too and uploaded it.
And I made a patch for fixing it for those of you who upgraded the phone already.
The patch (W450_P11_agpsfix.zip) installable over CWM recovery.
The other thing:
I am very sorry but i made a mistake in the P9 firmware. I deleted a system file so the Local Based Service in Engineer Mode is disabled.
I made an another CWM installable fix (W450_P9_ksanci_fix.zip) to resolve this issue.
I apologize for any inconvenience, hope you enjoy these fixed firmwares.
Thanks to SoCr@Te for stock ROMs!
Changes same as the previous firmware (see below) and some more:
- kernel date 26. apr. 2014
- baseband: P11
- system: some update and CM Security added to the system apps
- recovery: Carliv Touch Recovery 2.5: gzip supported backups, you can change the default format to gzipped tar so the backup size is much smaller. And new font: Special Elite from Astigmatic. Thanks for him!
If you doesn't make complete firmware upgrade and update the system partition please wipe cache and dalvik cache after download and before restore your datas!
Thanks gleam2003 for his firmware backup with newest baseband and kernel!
I made this upgrade from that backup.
This is a stock-like upgrade except china apps, and not contains any additional applications.
baseband: newest (on may. 7. 2014)
(on may. 7. 2014)
3.4.5 (linux-server-build8@inux-server-build8-desktop #1 Thu Feb 27 14:58:31 CST 2014
Donate with PayPal to ksanci
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM