- Title: Flashtools MT65xx
- Listed: 06/08/2014 2:04 am
- ROM Version: N/A
You must be logged for ROM download.
106740 total views, 53 today
19 Total favorites
Make sure that you read everything carefully and know what you are doing. Don't blame me for any damage that may occur on your phone.
SP Flash Tool is backward compatible, which means you can (and should) use the most up to date version.
- USB data cable
- MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
- SP Flash Tool (v3.1206.01 or higher for MT6575 / v3.1222.00 or higher for MT6577)
- The Right ROM File from your phone vendor
- First install SP_Drivers_vx.xxxx.rar for Android
- After, make sure that you have MediaTek DA USB VCOM drivers installed.
- Then in order to flash when you plug in your phone to PC in power off state….you
see a message on your PC, Looking for Drivers “MediaTek MT65xx Preloader”
- Just go to device manager when you see that message….say install drivers manually
and give path to usb2ser_Win7.inf (or other OS) to install the driver.
Flashing the whole ROM
First of all open
SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter
file (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, depending on
which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.
Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
No need for any Fastboot mode, just plug in your phone to PC with USB cable in powered off state for next step
Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable. The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.
(You might actually see “Looking for MediaTek MT65xx Preloader” drivers at this step as well…just follow the same step as before to install the VCOM drivers and the flashing process will start)
After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.
Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it: “
Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).
When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and
Download OK message, which means that the process has been successfully terminated.
You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.
Flashing only part with Recovery.img
- In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed. Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button
- The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.
The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.
Note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash, preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.
Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I
will not take any responsibility on whatever may
happen with your phone.
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM