- Title: Enable 5Ghz WiFi with SP Meta Tool
- Listed: 06/14/2016 1:30 pm
- ROM Version: 6.0
You must be logged for ROM download.
5356 total views, 1 today
9 Total favorites
1069 Total downloads
Here is a guide (in English) to enable 5Ghz WiFi on our Lenovo K3 Note.
Before proceeding, download all the files provided with this guide.
- Install SP Meta Tools which can be found in SP_META_exe_v1.1544.00.
- Make a backup of your existing NVRAM partition.
- The APDB file that I have provided here was extracted from a stock S427 ROM.
- These instructions were translated and recompiled from Denis_PDA's post on 4pda.
- Lastly, follow these instructions at your own risk. If your device explodes, melts, catches fire, etc, you're on your own.
1. Disconnect the K3 Note from the PC and reboot to meta mode by holding Vol Down + Power during boot.
2. The screen should display “Have been in meta mode…”. Once you see this, connect the phone to the PC.
3. Launch device manager and you should have 2 devices with yellow bangs. CDC Serial and MT65xx Android Phone.
4. Double click on CDC Serial and install the drivers manually as below.
5. The driver for CDC serial can be found in the package “SP_Drivers_v1.6.7z”.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for MT65xx.
7. Both devices should now be installed and have no yellow bangs. Please take note of the COM#. In my case, it is 26. Yours will most likely be something else.
8. Launch SP Meta Tool and change the settings as per below.
9. After clicking on reconnect, a new window will appear; 'AP Editor'. Click on “read from NVRAM”, select the APDB file and click open.
10. A tree will appear in the left side of the window. Expand “AP_CFG_RDEB_FILE_WIFI_LID”, select '1' and click on “read from NVRAM”.
11. The right side of the window will now be populated. Change the values of ucSupport5GBand and ucEnable5GBand to 0×01. Click on “save to NVRAM”.
12. Reboot the phone to TWRP and delete the folder /data/nvram.
13. Reboot to OS and observe that your device can now detect and connect to 5Ghz wlan networks.
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM