- Title: [MOD] Resize primary partition
- Listed: 11/30/2014 12:26 am
- ROM Version: 4.4.X
You must be logged for ROM download.
7056 total views, 1 today
6 Total favorites
464 Total downloads
I've added other versions of the patch – to resize the primary partition to 2GB, 3GB, 4GB, 5GB or 6GB respectively.
Patch to increase primary partition. It uses the space of "internal emmc card", which is shrinked to accordingly (there're 6GB of internal memory total, if you decide to increase the primary partition to 4GB, the rest of 2GB is dedicated to "internal emmc card").
- Custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) – the recovery which comes preinstalled on the phone is not capable of flashing ZIPs!
- Do a full backup of all your data (in recovery, recommended is also a backup using flashtool like MTKDroidTools)
- Copy the selected patch (.ZIP) to your SDCARD
- Reboot to recovery
- Apply the ZIP
- Do factory reset and reboot the recovery (Do not reboot to the system yet)
- Restore your backup (Using the recovery)
- Reboot the phone
Note: after the first boot the phone will prompt to format the internal memory, proceed with that.
NOTE: If you select to expand the primary partition to 6GB, there will be still below 100 MB dedicated to the so-called internal emmc card. It is unsafe (and untested too) to have the partition completely deleted, so I decided to shrink it to the tiniest safe size.
IF YOU FIND THE PATCH HELPFUL, PLEASE DONATE TO SUPPORT MY WORK, EVEN 1 EURO COUNTS.. MANY THANKS!
DISCLAIMER: Use it at your own risk and always do a backup.
Donate with PayPal to honzikd
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM